Monday, March 14, 2011

Nothing Ridiculous about it

Last week I had the great pleasure of going to Ballymore and watching the Classic All Blacks take on the Calssaic Wallabies. It was an awesome game of rugby, and with the proceeds going to help out the Christchurch earthquake was a great cause as well.

Sitting there watching some of my favourite players from yesteryear running around was something I won't be forgetting anytime soon. Jeff Wilson and Christian Cullen I have to say were something akin to heroes when I was younger so watching them was a highlight to the night.

Overall I was blown away at the skills these older guys still have, the speed and raw power might have diminshed a little but the ball handling and general skills were something to behold.

With a massive Kiwi presence in the stands it was great to see the Classic AB's stroll to victory, it was a hugely successful event for the folks back home so mad kudos to all who bought a ticket or ten.

It does however make me think about other classic matches around the  world that I would love to see.

How about.
Classic East All Stars vs Classic West All Stars Basketball game.

Classic Man United vs Classic Liverpool Soccer match (football)

Classic Brazil vs Classic Argentina Soccer match (football)

Classic Ashes match Australia vs England in a 20/20 cricket match.

There is so many more but I'll cut it out now. What do you reckon, what classic match would you like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment