Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Waiting for the bus "friend"

So this morning I got to the bus stop, and I was the only one there, the bus was 10 mins away so I sat down. Along came old mate, who said something about the weather, I gave a half hearted reply MISTAKE.

Obviously old mate took this as an opportunity to dive right in - In the ten minutes it took for the bus to come, I found out, his brothers name and that the brother is married. I found out that people who work in the cbd are generally rude, and that he had been treated poorly the last time he went to the post office. I got the rundown on his former Boss, whom he affectionately referred to as Chief. The fact that Chief had been disillusioned with his position of power and requested a demotion which was granted, however everyone still referred to him as Chief and called him Boss. I also got a few other little tidbits that I mostly ignored.

Now this guy, a total stranger, just rattled on about all this stuff while I sat there. I had no interest, but didn't want to be a total prick so nodded and "ah-huh" every now and again. But I couldn't quite believe the sheer volume of information he fired at me. I mean I know some happy people out there just like to have a bit of a chat, but wow this really surprised me...

I think I'll catch an earlier bus tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment